Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Freefall

I named this blog 'beauty' to avoid the temptation to use it as a place to rant, judge, complain. Before starting it, I asked myself, what do I really have to offer the world? What do I have to give that only I can give? As I often find beauty in places most don't think to look for it, I decided that's what I would write about here.

Thus I haven't written in a couple of weeks, because I have been of late much more inclined to rant, judge and complain. I save that for my near and dear, who can't get away...

I grow weary of this, and this morning I turned to my beloved Rumi for inspiration. I landed on the poem 'Joy at Sudden Disappointment' and the reminder not to 'grieve for what doesn't come. /Some things that don't happen/keep disasters from happening.'

I find this immensely reassuring. It frees me to go full forward toward what I want, knowing all the while that I move within an existing web of cause and effect, not creating one from scratch.

It is a reminder that some of the things I wanted turned out not to be so great, and some I dreaded opened paths to beauty and possibilities I'd never imagined could be real.

It is a reminder that I’ve never known what happiness looked like before I got there.

So I leap, hands eyes open, screaming and laughing and waving at you as I freefall toward Goddess-knows-what.

No comments:

Post a Comment